The Getting Published Day - Sold Out!
Saturday 1st March, 2014. Regent's College, Regent's Park, London
We're bringing together leading agents, publishers and book doctors to give you a expert and truthful introduction to everything that you need to know. You'll receive professional advice on the craft of writing and how to get yourself published - with networking opportunities and one-to-one editorial feedback on your book.
And of course if we find a manuscript that is strong enough to be presented to agents, then we'll do that too.
Meet Agents and Publishers...
We've got a fabulous line up of agents to give you the truth about the market as they see it today. You'll be hearing direct from:
- Sam Copeland of Rogers Coleridge & White
- Louise Lamont of Luigi Bonomi Associates
- Sophie Orme of Mantle, Pan Macmillan
- Sallyanne Sweeney of Mulcahy Associates
- Francesca Main of Picador
- Charlie Brotherstone of A.M Heath
They'll also be looking through and evaluating real cover letters, synopses and opening pages - supplied by you!
Tickets cost £185 and cover the following:
- All talks & events on the programme
- A one-to-one session with a book doctor of your choice (with notes to take away)
- Light refreshments, etc.
- A £30 money-off voucher for any Writers' Workshop service
- An invitation to a post-event open networking drinks party and a glass of wine.
Editorial Advice on your Work
Every attendee will have a 15-minute one-to-one session with a Writers' Workshop 'Book Doctor' to give detailed feedback on:
- Your draft covering letter to an agent
- Your synopsis or outline
- Your opening chapter up to 4,000 words
Most submissions to agents fail because either the book isn't good enough or it's been badly designed for the current market. The book doctor sessions are designed to uncover any such issues immediately and give you tools to address them. And if your work does look strong enough to market, then we'll do what we can to help with next steps there as well.
Workshops & Talks
- Boosting the Emotional Power of Plot
- Showing and Telling
- How to Write a Sentence
- The Whole Point-of-View
- Elevator Pitch
- Getting Published: dos and donts
- How to Hook an Agent and Get a Book Deal (Industry Panel)
- Slushpile Live (Industry Panel)