Welcome to the WW House Blog. We’re aiming to provide honest, expert advice from a variety of sources and voices within the industry. And if you ever have questions or need help, then just feel free to contact us at any point.
About This BlogThis is the house blog of the Writers' Workshop - and thank you for showing up. We have a fair few guest posts (usually by authors or literary agents), but most posts are the work of Harry Bingham, a crime novelist and founder of the WW. If you would like to write a guest post for us, please check our guidelines, then get in touch.
- Writing your draft: how to write drama in narrative
- Writing your draft: create characters (not clichés)
- Writing your draft: how to capture ideas
- How to start a writer’s blog
- How to stand out at the Festival of Writing
- An interview with agents – how to polish submissions
- Sunday at the Festival of Writing – inspiration and motivation
- Saturday at the Festival of Writing – top tips from literary agents
- Friday at the Festival of Writing – kicking things off in style
- How feedback helps writers (and on never giving up)
- How to make the most of the Festival of Writing
- Worldbuilding for science-fiction and fantasy writers