Just a very quick word to say that Barbara Tate’s bestselling novel West End Girls has been optioned for film by World Productions. Barbara was a lovely client of ours – now sadly, sadly passed on. But she’d have been thrilled to know that her book was wending its way to screen. And it’s a fab book, so if you haven’t read it then do. It’s Call the Midwife meets Belle de Jour. It’s wonderful, warm, funny – lovely. A beautiful book.
About This BlogThis is the house blog of the Writers' Workshop - and thank you for showing up. We have a fair few guest posts (usually by authors or literary agents), but most posts are the work of Harry Bingham, a crime novelist and founder of the WW. If you would like to write a guest post for us, please check our guidelines, then get in touch.
- How to increase book sales on Amazon with categories and keywords
- Meet the Agents: Louise Buckley
- How to ensure this is the year you get an agent
- How to write for a new audience
- How to Self-Publish an E-Book – and why you ought to do it
- How I got published: Elisa Lodato
- 7 top tips for writing gripping thrillers
- How to learn the market you write for: Young Adult (YA) fiction
- How to self-edit your draft
- How to organise writing projects
- How to write a wonderful picture book
- Writing your draft: how to finish a novel