In August 2012 (having spotted the competition on the Writers Workshop website) Pip Jones won the inaugural Greenhouse Funny Prize, with her series of children’s stories about an imaginary kitten called Squishy McFluff. Two months later, she was offered a … Continue reading
About This BlogThis is the house blog of the Writers' Workshop - and thank you for showing up. We have a fair few guest posts (usually by authors or literary agents), but most posts are the work of Harry Bingham, a crime novelist and founder of the WW. If you would like to write a guest post for us, please check our guidelines, then get in touch.
- The Whole World – in a Box
- The Rule of Law: an open letter to Liz Truss
- How to design an ebook (or: a letter to a ghost)
- Defending the value of the book (aka: Don’t piss on Shakespeare)
- #FoW16: WINNER OF THE GOAT BURSARY ANNOUNCED!
- THE ROAD TO PUBLICATION VIA THE FESTIVAL OF WRITING(again) a Guest Post from by Barry Kirwan
- WRITING WHEN NO ONE IS LOOKING – A guest post from Jon Appleton, ex Editorial Director of Hodder and now author
- Patience, Perseverance & Passion: A guest post from Tor Udall
- Author marketing tips: 10 simple things that you can do
- The Life-Changing Festival of Writing a Guest Blog from Roz Watkins