At York, we ran a little prize draw. If you bought a signed copy of Talking to the Dead, you had a chance of winning a free manuscript assessment by me, Harry. We had a good few people buying the book – and the lucky winner was Phil Colbourn. Well done to him. Bad luck to everyone else. Thanks to all for taking part.
About This BlogThis is the house blog of the Writers' Workshop - and thank you for showing up. We have a fair few guest posts (usually by authors or literary agents), but most posts are the work of Harry Bingham, a crime novelist and founder of the WW. If you would like to write a guest post for us, please check our guidelines, then get in touch.
- How to organise writing projects
- How to write a wonderful picture book
- Writing your draft: how to finish a novel
- Writing your draft: how to write seven basic plots
- Writing your draft: how to write drama in narrative
- Writing your draft: how to write characters (not clichés)
- Writing your draft: how to have ideas and beat writer’s block
- How to start a writer’s blog (the basics)
- How to stand out at the Festival of Writing
- An interview with agents – how to polish submissions
- Sunday at the Festival of Writing – inspiration and motivation
- Saturday at the Festival of Writing – top tips from literary agents