We launched this blog in 2011 and it’s been a huge success: we’ve had some wonderful contributors, some wonderful comments, a terrific readership and (um) the odd argument. But please help us find more readers. If you have a blog … Continue reading
- Given email address is already subscribed, thank you!Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later.Please provide a valid email address.Thank you, your sign-up request was successful! Please check your e-mail inbox.Please complete the CAPTCHA.Please fill in the required fields.
About This BlogThis is the house blog of the Writers' Workshop - and thank you for showing up. We have have a fair few guest posts (usually by authors or literary agents), but most posts are the work of Harry Bingham, a crime novelist and founder of the WW.
- Good opening sentences: how to write ‘em, how to edit ‘em
- Why screenwriters should write for the market that actually needs their services
- For self-publishers who want, you know, a book
- Amazon-Hachette: by your words shall we know ye
- The winds of change
- How to Self-Publish your Book (It’s easier than you think)
- Agent transparency: an issue for every writer
- 17 Tips on how to commission your ebook cover design
- Average novel wordcount. (And when is YOUR novel too long?)
- How to Start Writing a Novel: the ten things to do right away